I've done this long enough that I know that the majority of people that arrive for their session are a nervous wreck whether they admit it or not! When I first meet with a senior, I usually get the: I don't know what I'm doing or how to pose myself! I am here to tell you that unless you're a model for a living, no one does! I will guide you through everything, I want you to relax and just enjoy the shoot. At the end of the session, I usually get a big hug from my senior and they say "This was way more fun than I ever imagined it would be!" I want this to be an enjoyable experience for you, not something you dread.
I start the session out by turning on some music and learning a little bit about you. I am an unposed photographer so we don't spend the time holding awkward poses, I love to keep you moving! If I see anything out of place, I will fix it but I love capturing your real authentic self in the moment.
You're booked!You're officially a Caitlin Chrisenee Senior! Now what?
Once you book your session, I will send you a questionnaire that will help me plan out your ideal session. If you have a location or anything in particular in mind, I can't wait to hear it! If you have absolutely no clue, head over to my instagram for some ideas and together we can create your dream shoot!
picking out your outfits
You know your style best and this is your opportunity to let yourself shine! I have put together a pinterest board of my favorite outfits that photograph well but I encourage you to wear what makes you feel good. You know when you put on an outfit and you feel instantly confident? I recommend picking outfits like that. Ones that you feel comfortable in, the last thing you want to feel during your session is discomfort or feeling self conscious. You can always send me different options for my opinion!
WHAT TO WEAR
- Outfits that you feel comfortable in and accentuate your best assets
- Clothes that fit the season we are shooting in
- Layers! I LOVE jackets
- Clothing that you are able to move around in
- A variety of outfit styles- feel free to switch it up so you don't have all dresses, jeans, etc.
- Clean shoes that match each outfit
- Accessories- hats, jewelry, or handbags!
WHAT NOT TO WEAR
- Wrinkled clothing
- Dresses, skirts, shorts that reveal too much when moving and posing. I will have you skip and twirl so be mindful of how it will look when you move.
- Crop tops - one of my favorite staples in any wardrobe but they don't always look flattering in photos!
- Too many outfits of the same style, pattern, or color
- Dirty or worn down shoes
- Iron or steam all of your clothes and bring them on hangers and a garment bag
- Try your outfits on beforehand and strike a few poses in the mirror to see how it looks from different angles
- Pick out your outfits in advance! The last thing you want to be on the day of your session is stressed, especially about your outfit choices.
- When getting your nails done, I recommend neutral or light pink polish. Stay away from bright colors, crazy acrylics, or chipped polish!!
- Parents- I always offer for you to jump in a few shots and get a picture with your senior so I recommend wearing something that you would like to be photographed in! It's always nice to have a professional image of the two of you together, especially during such an exciting time in their life!
PREPARING FOR YOUR SESSION
Get those nails done
I feel most confident when I have my nails done. It's that little something that makes me feel beautiful. It's that little thing that can tie the whole picture together, especially when your hands are framing your face! In the senior picture my mom chose that will forever hang in her house... my hand is right in front of my face and I am so glad I had my nails done!
Practice in the mirror
This is my secret trick to coming up with new poses! By standing in the mirror and turning on some music, I can see what angles and poses are most flattering to me. There's no judgement because it's just me and my dogs! During your session, I will pose you from time to time, but the majority of the poses will come naturally from prompts I give you. So this is the perfect way to feel confident going into your session and knowing your body and what is most flattering to you.
Pamper Yourself, YOU DESERVE IT!
It's not everyday you get to have a photoshoot of you and just you so take the time to treat yourself! Whatever that means to you! Put on some lotion, get your hair and makeup done, and drink lots of water the day before!
If you don't like wearing a lot of makeup, moisturizer and chapstick can go a long way and will make your skin look it's best in the camera!
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR SESSION
- Lipgloss, lipstick, or chapstick
- Powder and any makeup for touchups
- Undergarments - this is the most common forgotten item! specifically undergarments that fit appropriately with the outfit you're wearing
- Comfortable shoes to walk in
- Hair brush, clips, schrunchies etc. - Don't be afraid to change up your hair mid shoot!
- An extra outfit option
- Water or snacks
TWO-three DAYS BEFORE SESSION:
- All outfits purchased/picked out
- All clothing ironed or steamed and put on hangers
- Undergarments for each outfit packed in bag
- Accessories and shoes packed
- Nail appointment completed
- Make sure your schedule for the day of your session is cleared, you don't want to feel rushed or stressed!
DAY BEFORE SESSION:
- Drink plenty of water!!
- Get lots of sleep
- Wash and dry your hair
- Exfoliate your face and body
- Use lotion
DAY OF SESSION:
- Eat a little something even if you're not hungry!
- grab ALL of your clothes, shoes, accessories and undergarments
- Leave with plenty of time, I recommend arriving a few minutes early to get settled and we can get to know each other beforehand, we will start shooting right on time!
AFTER YOUR SESSION
I send you 10-15 sneak peeks within 48 hours of your shoot! Feel free to repost them and share away, I just ask that you tag @CaitlinChriseneePhoto when you do!
3-4 weeks after your session, I will send you an online gallery with your images edited in both color and in black and white via e-mail. You can download the images to any device, order any prints or products, and share the link with friends and family.
SHOW THOSE PICTURES OFF!
My favorite day of the week is Sunday... mainly because I don't work on Sundays but also because I love waking up to #SeniorSunday posts! I can't wait to see which shots are your favorite so make sure to tag @caitlinchriseneeseniors!